$10,000 cash • Tickets are $25 each
Raffle ticket online sales end Saturday, April 30, 2022, at 10:00 AM EDT.
Raffle drawing and the announcement of the winner will be live on Saturday, April 30, 2022, and subsequently posted on our website.
The raffle is void where prohibited or restricted. Must be at least 18 years old. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold. The raffle may be canceled, at Ellicott City Soccer Clubs’ sole and absolute discretion. Purchase of this ticket constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of the official rules. Official Rules can be found at www.citysoccerraffle.com .
Ellicott City Soccer Club will conduct the raffle in accordance with these Official Rules updated 2-28-22. Participation in the raffle constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. The raffle is void where prohibited and restricted.
· Eligibility: Entrants must be legal United States residents, at least eighteen (18) years of age. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
· Entry period: Raffle ticket online sales end Saturday, April 30, 2022, 10:00 AM EDT.
Ellicott City Soccer Club (“ECSC”) reserves the right to postpone or cancel this raffle contest at any time. If the raffle is canceled each purchaser will receive a full refund of the amount paid to ECSC for their purchase of raffle tickets.
· Raffle Entry: Raffle tickets cost $25.00 per ticket. There is no limit to the number of tickets an entrant may purchase. Tickets may be purchased from any person designated by ECSC. No photocopied or mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will be accepted. ECSC is not responsible for lost tickets. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, from ineligible entrants, or incomplete will be void. All received entries become the property of ECSC and will not be returned. All entries are subject to verification by ECSC whose decisions on all matters related to this raffle are final and binding.
· Raffle Drawing & Notification: Raffle drawing and the announcement of the winner will be live on Saturday, April 30, 2022, and subsequently posted on our website. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. ECSC will attempt to notify the winner by phone, in person, or email. The winner must have valid contact information where they can be notified. Winner agrees to have his or her likeness displayed in all forms of media through the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law. If the winner: (a) cannot be positively contacted by phone or email within two days of the drawing; (b) is not in compliance with the Official Rules; (c) does not sign and return required documents by the deadline set by ECSC; (d) does not meet the eligibility requirements; or (e) does not provide proof of a valid driver’s license, then that winner will be disqualified and another drawing will take place. ECSC reserves the right to change any raffle rules at any time.
· Prize: The winner will receive $10,000 cash.
· Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: The winner is subject to verification by ECSC of the winner or winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number. If a winner is disqualified, ECSC reserves the right to determine an alternative winner. ECSC reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like value.
· Publicity Release: By participating in the raffle, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the raffle constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion, and advertising, in any media, each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
· Taxes: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to ECSC, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The winner will receive a 1099 from ECSC at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide ECSC with valid identification, and a valid tax payer identification before any prize will be awarded.
For all persons/families who have purchased $100.00 of raffle tickets when registering a player for ECSC, it will be assumed that the purchasers want the tickets.
· Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to release, discharge, and hold harmless, ECSC, and its’ respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents of the foregoing (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the raffle or any raffle-related activity and for acceptance, deliver, or use of any prize; and (b) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact, or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the raffle, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands, and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the raffle, including attorney’s fees.
· Limitation of Liability: ECSC and the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Raffle or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (a) Failure of any entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems or human error (b) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, (c) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof), or (d) any change of email address, mailing address, telephone number and/or any other contact information provided by the entrant. Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage is the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsors will not issue reimbursement for any expenses. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
· Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Raffle, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Maryland, specifically Howard County District Court. Maryland law shall govern this Raffle, without regard to Maryland’s choice of law rules. The courts of Maryland shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Raffle.
· ECSC reserves the right to postpone or cancel this raffle contest at any time. If the raffle is canceled each purchaser will receive a full refund of the amount paid to ECSC for their purchase of raffle tickets. Purchaser understands that the raffle may be canceled, at ECSC’s sole and absolute discretion.
· Official Rules: Complete raffle rules are available at the ECSC website, www.ellicottcitysc.org.